How to stop PUBG from crashing
Does your PUBG often crash and give you uncomfortable gameplay? Our guide will help to solve the PUBG crashing problem.
From the first release in 2017 PUBG has become one of the most popular games on Steam. Millions of players all over the world love this game and spend a lot of time playing it. Sometimes players face a problem like crashing of player unknown battlegrounds. It can really upset, especially if this problem occurs in a very important moment in the game.
But don’t worry, there is something you can do with that. Our advice will not be like “switch off your computer and turn it on again.” We will try to give you all the possible decisions to solve this problem.
What can be the reason that PUBG keeps crashing?
If the player unknown battlegrounds crashes, there might be a problem with your computer or it is caused by a failure with the game itself.
Naturally, PUBG always has new patches with weapons, new skins, etc.
The game may temporarily crash if it is in the process of updates. You can check the PUBG Help Twitter page, which keeps players updated on any maintenance.
What to do if PUBG crashes
If PUBG crashes, there are a few steps, which you can try and, hopefully, it will solve the problem
1. Install the latest patch
There may be a new patch, that you have not seen and have not downloaded. It is very important not to miss out on them.
Keep the game up to date and always install new patches and there is a great chance that you will not have bugs and PUBG will not crash.
2. Stop overclocking your GPU (graphics processing unit)
In case you have increased the clock frequency of your GP in order to make it work faster, this may have undermined the game`s stability.
Lower your graphics processing unit back to default settings and it may stop PUBG from crashing.
3. Check the game’s graphics settings
- The game has quite heavy graphics, and it can crash by putting a strain on your computer.
- To avoid this problem: try to lower some settings on PUBG.
- It would be better if you disable V-Sync and play the game in windowed mode.
4. Check the computer’s memory
- While playing PUBG ‒ close all other programs on your computer, so your computer uses no additional memory.
- To ensure there are no restrictions in the background you should run the Steam client under administrator.
- And to check integrity: open Steam ‒ after that Library ‒ and then PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS.
- After all those steps ‒ right click of a mouse ‒ properties ‒ local files and select game integrity check.
There are some other steps that you can do to prevent your game from crashing. Make sure that the connection is secure and running without other programs or devices sharing the connection. If the PC has been running for a while, it is recommended to restart the PC. If two or more games are played simultaneously from the same account, this may cause the crash.
If after all the tips, you still have some trouble with crashing, you can contact player support.