Former politician, socialdemocrat and Mayor of Copenhagen Ritt Bjerregaard is sick with cancer
Ritt Bjerregaard: her career, contribution to country politics and cancer disease
Ritt Bjerregaard is one of the most influential and significant contemporary politicians in Denmark. Well, she is also one of the first women to become a true professional in Danish politics.
At the age of 78, Bjerregaard was forced to leave politics, because of her health: the woman is terminally sick with cancer.
However, during her forty-year career, Ritt managed to do a lot of important things:
· She was a Mayor of Copenhagen several times;
· Managed to work as an export ambassador to China;
· Acted as Commissioner of the EU;
· Ritt was the politician who could provoke debate on any necessary issues. For example, environmental policy;
· For several decades, Bjerregaard was one of the most influential politicians not only in her party, but in general political field.
Probably dying is not so scary when you were able to leave such a mark in the life of the country and people.
Although when Ritt Bjerregaard was just starting her career, there were mainly men in politics, she managed not only to become the politician of one level with them, but also to get around many representatives of the stronger sex in the political race.
A documentary called “The Trip” was shot about the life of this famous politician. This is a great idea how to spend your evening, if you are interested in politics!