How to make a window in Minecraft
In this tutorial you get all in one. Here you’ll find the whole process, starting from how to make glass to how to make a window in Minecraft. For your convenience, you can check the video guide below.
Create! Explore! Survive! Those words can give a newbie the basic perception of game play. With unlimited varieties of crafting, the game that started as a bedroom project spread and grew on the internet more than 11 years ago. It is also used in educational environments as it integrated virtual computers and hardware devices, particularly in the computing systems domain.
Without further ado, let’s get into crafting!
How to make a glass in Minecraft
Glass blocks are awesome, since Minecraft offers so many imaginative, decorative and functional choices. You can make glass of a few types. How and when the glass blocks or panes are used is up to you. You can use your glass to create a greenhouse secure from nighttime threats, or transform it into stained-glass decorations and potion bottles.
Get some wood! First of all, you have to find a tree. You can chop down 6 different types of trees to get wood-oak, spruce, birch, jungle, acacia and dark oak. Then step closer to the tree and put your pointer (the plus sign) somewhere on the trunk of the tree. In your game window you can see the block being illuminated.
Find some sand. Break a block of sand and pick it up by walking over it.
You can use regular or red sand — the kind of sand you choose doesn’t have an effect on the glass itself.
You’ll need to gain some stones, so that you’ll be able to create the furnace later.
Make sure you have enough (about 10-15).
Now, with all the materials you’ll need to create a crafting table. Here comes the wood in handy. For this you’ll need to open your crafting grid. There you put your oak planks.
Afterwards just place your crafting table. The workbench will help you in creating more complex items in the future.
It’s time to create the furnace. You’ll just need to put 8 blocks of stone and voila!
Now you can place it where it feels convenient for you.
Now when you have your furnace you can tap on it and you’ll have the opportunity to put inside some crafting materials. In this case you need to put the sand with the wood.
Just let the process give you the needed results. In a few moments you have a glass block.
From these glass blocks you’ll need to craft glass.
How to make a window in Minecraft
After all the glass preparations all you need to do is use your imagination. Just decide where you want to put your window. You have all the crafts that are necessary.
You can simply build up walls anywhere you feel like. For example like this:
And after you add the glass.
In the end you have a cute looking window.
Helpful Window Tips
- Make sure your window is high enough so that you get the light you need. It’s not that it’s not going to get any light, but it’s not going to get as much light as you would put it higher.
- You can always just knock out the wall and make space for your window.
- How big do you want this window to be? Will it be a whole wall? Or is it going to be tiny and tall, or big and short? This question is absolutely critical because it not only helps you plan the design, but also allows you to determine the amount of materials you need to complete the construction.
- Do you want a clear direction for the window to face? Do you want to see the sun rise, for example, or would you rather see the sun set? Is there a specific feature you would like to see (such as a farm or a garden)? If it does, put it in the program.
- The same way you do a small window, you make a large window. The only difference to make room for the glass is how many blocks you crack. If you’re building a giant window as you build your structure, you’ll just need more blocks of glass or panes than you would for smaller windows .
Feel free to experiment and create different forms. We’ve shown you the basic and easy way of doing this! Hope you’ll have fun! Stay tuned for more Minecraft tutorials and make sure to try making your own Minecraft mod 🙂